Modification or Enforcement of Prior or Presently Existing Orders Involving Children

During a family court case, the judge will issue court orders for family law matters such as child custody, alimony, child support, and visitation. After the divorce process is over, one of the parties may experience a change in circumstance that affects their ability to comply with their divorce orders. Failure to comply with a court order can result in harsh penalties, so be sure to speak with an experienced divorce lawyer right away.

Amy Harris, PLLC can help if you can’t meet the requirements of a divorce order due to changes in your income, location, or any other part of your life. We can help you obtain a modification of your divorce order so that you can move on with your life.

When can I have a divorce order modified?

In order to have a divorce order modified, you must prove to the Texas family court that you have experienced a change in circumstance. For example, perhaps you have been granted custody of your child and need to relocate, but the other parent has visitation rights. You could have the visitation order modified if you can convince the court that your change in circumstance requires it. .

You can also have your child support or alimony order modified if you have lost your job or any form of income, making it impossible for you to afford the support payments that your support order requires.

Hire a Divorce Attorney in Conroe, TX

Contact a lawyer right away if you need to have a court order modified. For more than 12 collective years, Amy Harris, PLLC, has striven to provide the highest quality service together with relentless representation in court.

Our team-oriented firm has what it takes to get the results that you need and will work together on your case from start to finish; contact our office today to learn more.